Thursday

98 - Presents

12.15.06

Rainbow music.
I enter with a package, wrapped neatly and tied with a colorful bow. I place it on the ground. I exit.
I reenter with another package, wrapped differently, but just as colorful. I place it next to the previous package. I exit.
I repeat this process.
Soon a large mound of packages and presents forms.
Some packages are large.
Some are rather small.
They all look very pretty.
The packages form a rainbow of packages.
I enter with one last giant package.
This package is bigger than me.
With great difficulty, I carefully set the package on the ground.
I exit for the last time.

Darkness.
Fanfare.
Spotlights.
A drumroll…

The top of the big box comes off, sending a rainbow of balloons into the rafters. Ecstatic music. Raucous applause. The lights return to normal. Quiet.

One of the smaller packages starts to shake.
It squirms and wiggles.
Finally, after a great struggle, I burst out of the tiny packages, looking disheveled with handful of beat-up daisies.

I pass out.

Blackout.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.