Saturday

43 - BODIES BODIES BODIES BODIES BODIES BODIES BODIES

10.21.06
WAGNER MUSIC BLASTS AT AN UNCOMFORTABLY LOUD LEVEL. BOMB BLASTS AND BARBED WIRE. DIRT AND BLOOD EVERYWHERE. A SICK DAWN RISES, REVEALING MORE DEAD BODIES THAN MANY WOULD FIND TASTEFUL. TRENCHES. SOME ARE SOLDIERS, SOME CIVILIANS. SLOWLY, WOUNDED PEOPLE CRAWL THEIR WAY ACROSS THE STAGE/BATTLEFIELD AND OUT OF THE TRENCHES. THEY LEAVE THICK TRAILS OF BLOOD AND ENTRAILS. OCCASIONNALLY PEOPLE SPRINT ACROSS. SOME OF THEM ARE STOPPED COLD IN THEIR TRACKS. OTHERS MAKE IT THROUGH. EVENTUALLY NO ONE MAKES IT ALL THE WAY ACROSS. AS THE WAGNER MUSIC SWELLS, TOURISTS FILTER IN AND TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS. HORRID FLASHBULBS. HORRID CLOTHING. SO MANY FANNY PACKS! THEY POSE WITH THE DEAD. THEY MOCK THE WOUNDED. THEY LAUGH AND MAKE JOKES WITH THEIR MOUTHS FULL. EVENTUALLY THEY ALL GROW BORED AND MOVE ON. AS THE WAGNER MUSIC DRAWS TO A CLOSE, TWO SHLUBS ENTER. RIGHT AFTER THE BIG CLIMACTIC ENDING, ONE OF THEM SPEAKS:

SHLUB ONE
(Dern, I knew I shoulda watered them dandelions.)
OR
(Dern, I knew I shoulda turned the gas off ‘afore I left home)
OR
(Herrrrm, smells like victory.)
OR
(Dern. I knew I shoulda voted fer the other guy.)
OR
(Fuckin’ Wagner

SHLUB TWO
Yeah, fuckin’ Wagner)

5 comments:

DL said...

i love that you're doing this.
it's awesome.

DL said...

A play has voice and body .
It lives in time and space. It is finite and infinite.
It has an audience.

Chris said...

A play is a ritual.
A celebration.
An encounter.
A conversation.
An emotional give and take.
And it all happens in the mind of the audience.

TC Peters said...

Keep making them Stevo! I love your enthusiasm. I started writing a screenplay, i'll send it to you soon.

TC Peters said...

I love what you're doing buddy. I'm working on a screenplay, i'll get it to you when i'm finished.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.