Wednesday

29

10.6.06

JO and a flatdaddy.

JO
This is stupid.
This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.
Why did mom give me this?
What, she thinks this is some replacement?
I’m supposed to pretend this is dad?
Does she expect me to talk to this thing?
I’m not gonna talk to this thing.
I’d rather talk to my dad.
In person.
Here.
Cheap piece of crap flatdaddy.
I want my three dimensional daddy.
3D and in the flesh.
You’re just a stupid piece of cardboard.

JO lights a cigarette.

JO
What are you looking at?
You gonna ground me?
Yeah, that’s what I thought.
Mom’s not home, flatdaddy.
Neither of you are gonna bust me.

JO takes a few drags.

JO
You want one?
No?
It’s probably bad for you anyway.
Might singe the cardboard.

Moments. Music. JO, cigarette in mouth, begins to dress up the flatdaddy. She puts lipstick and blush on it. She places a wig on its head and necklaces about its neck. She puts out her cigarette and hangs the flatdaddy on her wall. She kisses it, and the flatdaddy kisses her back on the cheek. Moments. Music stops.

JO
I love you dad.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.