Thursday

106

12.23.06

2 siblings.

OLDER
Ok. I’ll tell you about. But you really can’t tell anyone that I told you.I mean it.
I could really get in trouble for telling you this.
Ok.
Where to begin…
First of all, it makes you feel a whole lot less special after a while. At first you feel special, but if you do it more with different people you realize that you just feel less special because there was more magic to the whole thing before you did it.
And sometimes, when it’s really bad, you feel guilty for having wanted it at all.
Just because you know about it afterward, doesn’t make you an adult either. Like, it just makes you a kid who does grown up things. People don’t really look at you different, unless they think you’re cute, then for most people it’s an added bonus. But it doesn’t necessarily make you more or less cute either. It’s just like extra points if you get to a certain level, you know? Like in Sonic or Final Fantasy.
Do you play Final Fantasy?
Did you ever play Sonic when it was on Sega Genesis?
I like how fast he moved.
Anyway. Other things.
You’re really bad at first. You’re always crashing into things and going too fast or too slow, or stopping and starting. I mean it, you’d think you can get the hang of it quick, but it takes practice. I’d say you could ask the folks for advice, but they’d kill me if they found out I was helping you do this. So just, don’t get too cocky about it. You’ll be really bad until you’re good.
Don’t ever brag about it. Nobody brags about it these days. Anybody who brags about it is either lying or doesn’t know any better.
And please please please be safe.
Ok. The plus sides.
For one thing, it’s really really cool.
It’s a lot of fun, and it gives you a real reason to sneak out of the house at night. Until I started, I’d only sneak out to walk to Wendy’s and SevenEleven. Now I got lots of reasons to sneak out, you know? A million places to go, know what I mean? Places to go, people to see…Don’t get caught, and you’ll start to realize there’s a whole world of things to do after your bedtime.
Umm…It’ll take you places. That may sound stupid, but it’s true.
Do you know what euphoria means? Ok, well euphoria means to be really really happy. When something has a lot of euphoria, it’s called euphoric. I find it quite euphoric.
I mean. You’ll learn a lot about the world. That’s all I can think of.
Please be safe. Please please please please please be safe.
Are you sure you’re ready for this? Because you know you’re still young. No one’s putting a gun to your head to start. Are you sure? Ok then, here you go. Please be safe.

OLDER reaches into a pocket and produces car keys.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.