Thursday

107

12.24.06

GEORGE
I thought you had a flight tomorrow morning.

AL
Yeah, my business trip got cancelled.

GEORGE
Are they giving you the day off?

AL
No. They said I could come in late, but still.

GEORGE
You were all geared up to go too.

AL
I know, I haven’t seen my sister in months.

GEORGE
When is she coming to Boston next?

AL
Never.

GEORGE
She’s coming in for thanksgiving, though, right?

AL
I don’t think so.

GEORGE
Well, she’s got a month or two to think it through.

AL

AL

GEORGE

AL
I am so pissed about this.

GEORGE
Come here, I know it’s hard.

AL
I was all psyched to go to California…

GEORGE
I know, I know…

AL
I don’t think she’s coming in for the holidays at all this year.

GEORGE
How can you be so sure?

AL
I have, like, nothing to look forward to. For the whole rest of the year.

GEORGE

AL
Don’t give me that face. I mean it. I’m really upset.

GEORGE
You have plenty to look forward to.

AL
Oh yeah like what.

GEORGE
Well, let’s see. You got the big company Christmas party. That’s always fun.

AL
That’s three months away!

GEORGE
Yeah, but it’s something to look forward to!

AL
I hate the company Christmas party. I hate the company. Sometimes I want to move away and quit my job and never go back to work again.

AL

GEORGE

AL
What else do I have to look forward to?

GEORGE
There’s that new Bob Dylan album coming out tomorrow…

AL
I hate new Bob Dylan.

GEORGE
I heard this one is his best yet.

AL
That’s what they say about every new album from everybody. Ooh it’s Ricky Martin’s best album yet. Ooh it’s Lou Bega’s best single yet. Ooh. Ooh. No Doubt. Ooh. Ooh.

GEORGE
Isn’t there anything to take you out of this black mood?

AL
Yeah. Seeing my sister.

GEORGE

AL
What?

GEORGE
So why don’t you?

AL
What?

GEORGE
Why don’t you go see your sister anyway?

AL
I can’t just pick up and leave work.

GEORGE
Call in sick.

AL
For a week?

GEORGE
Sure! Why not?

AL
Because I’d get fired, that’s why not.

GEORGE
Do you still have your ticket?

AL
Yeah.

GEORGE
So do it.

AL
Now that the trip is cancelled I have to be here for the big audit on the 17th.

GEORGE
So book a flight that gets you back on Sunday.

AL
It’s not that easy.

GEORGE
Airfare’s cheap. I’ll pay for it.

AL

AL

GEORGE
C’mon. This is not a life or death decision here.

AL

AL

GEORGE
Do something that will make you happy.

AL

AL

GEORGE
It’s obvious that this is what you want to do.

AL

AL
Alright. I’ll do it.

GEORGE
Awesome. What time’s your flight tomorrow?

AL
8:00 a.m.

GEORGE
Crap, you’ve got to get to bed. You need to get up at like 5:30.

AL
Should I be doing this? Should I really do this?

GEORGE

AL

AL
No. I should. You’re right. I’m wrong.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.