Sunday

61

11.8.06

Swimming.

FLOAT
Hey, Bob.

BOB
Hey, float.

FLOAT
Howya doin’?

BOB
Fine. Well. I’m good. You?

FLOAT
Staying afloat.

BOB
Good one.

FLOAT
A little hungry though…

BOB
Yeah, me too. I’m always hungry.

FLOAT
Tell me about it.

BOB
What are you in the mood for?

FLOAT
Fish. You?

BOB
Same.

FLOAT
Or maybe some bugs…

BOB
Bugs are good.

A shadow descends on the pair.

FLOAT
Got dark all the sudden.

BOB
That it did. Cloud maybe?

FLOAT
Peaceful cloud…

BOB
Happy cloud…

FLOAT
Happy day…

BOB
Peaceful day…

FLOAT
This is the good life…

BOB
Yes it is, Float. Yes it certainly is.

A GIANT HOOK with WORM descends.

BOB
Whoa! What is that?

FLOAT
I don’t know! It isn’t moving…

BOB
It doesn’t look like it belongs here…

FLOAT
You should taste it.

BOB
What? No…

FLOAT
Go taste it. See what it is.

BOB
I don’t think I should go anywhere near that thing.

FLOAT
What if it’s food?

BOB
It doesn’t look like food…

FLOAT
How do you know…?

BOB
…I’m not tasting it.

FLOAT
Tuna.

BOB
What did you call me?

FLOAT
A big dumb tuna. Afraid of a little food.

BOB
You’re so brave, why don’t you taste it?

FLOAT
I will if you will.

BOB
Yeah?

FLOAT
But only if you go first.

BOB
No, no way. You first.

FLOAT
FINE! Watch and learn, chump.

FLOAT takes a quick nibble of the WORM.

FLOAT
MMMmmmm. Tastes different. A little waterlogged, but it tastes good!

BOB
You’re lying.

FLOAT
I am not.

BOB
You didn’t really take a bite.

FLOAT
You just saw me.

BOB
Do it again…

FLOAT
No! It’s your turn.

BOB
It tastes so good, do it again.

FLOAT
Alright, alright, but if you don’t take a bite next you have to admit to being a tuna.

BOB
Don’t call me that. Take your stupid real bite.

A MOMENT. FLOAT reluctantly takes a second bite.

FLOAT
Even better the second time.

BOB
Really?

FLOAT
Go for it!

BOB
Mokay!

BOB takes a bite of the WORM. SCREAMS, BUZZERS AND RED LIGHTS! FLOAT swims away. BOB IS DOOMED!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.