Thursday

NYC2K6

Saw "The Hills Have Eyes". Scary scary scary. Good good good. Not as good as Haute Tension though.

Saw Entertaining Mr. Sloane. Everyone was awesome except for Mr. Sloane. Must read some more Joe Orton. Alec Baldwin was unexpectedly stageworthy.

Saw Sweeney Todd. Ten actors. No orchestra. New arrangement. Sweet set design. Awesome acting. Damn solid production. Although I usually loathe musicals, I dream of working on a show like this in some capacity. Probably the best thing I've had a chance to see on Broadway. This, of course, is tempered by the fact that I've only seen four plays on broadway now. Coincidentally, I saw Democracy in the same theatre.

Saw The Emperor Jones. Damn. By far the bravest peice of theatre I've seen in a long while. Kate Valk played the title character in blackface. I think that O'Neil is rather irrelevant today, but this production made his confusing and racist play worth seeing.

This trip to NYC has thus far been discombobulating, but worth it. Although there was more safety, comfort and rest in the last trip, I like this one better.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.