Thursday

First post


---Listening to Odelay---

Ok, so this is the first post. Let's see if this works at all.

Obviously, like most college-aged bloggers, I'm putting this together because I'm slightly down and out.
Can't sleep.
Should be studying.
Totally unmotivated.
And I guess I needed another excuse to sit in front of my computer for hours on end.

But you know what? Life, in spite of all the crap that's been going on lately, has not managed to totally get me down. I think what threw me off tonight was a bunch of pointless facebook drama that my Ex just put me through. I don't really pay much mind to facebook, so that wasn't what bothered me. It was the fact that after all this, and nearly a month of not talking to each other, she still managed to do something to get under my skin. Bah. Hogwash.

Damned intermittent insomnia. Damn the fact that the only cure seems to be sharing a bed with someone.

I wouldn't be dwelling on this stuff normally, as I have now gotten completely over Fran. But I figured it was an attempt on her part to communicate in some way. She's was always big on non-verbal communication. So, I sent her a pleasant email asking her to explain, because from what I last gathered, she and I didn't have any big problems (aside from violently ending our 2 1/2 year relationship over the past semester.) When I got to GMail and finished sending the email, I thought that I had mistakenly said something I shouldn't, so I decided to check my sent mail folder to retrace my steps. When I open up the email itself, all the GMail ads have to do with breaking up with people, and how to get over it. WHAT THE FUCK? How did it know that *******@gmail.com and Sptacek@gmail.com had ever been dating. How did it know that they have since broken up? These are the questions that are keeping me up tonight. That and the fact that I slept over at Drew Munao's house until 3 in the afternoon.

Normally I'd be calling Dan right now to see if he's up and wants to grab some food, but he's probably busy with his movie or hanging out with F. Stop asking me if they're together, because I don't know and I don't really care. Still, I wish there was a chance of Perkins in my near future. Perhaps I'll go there and study for my Shakespeare final there...

I am amazed that I'm still friends with Dan. Perhaps there is a deeper reason for this.

Working on his movie has been loads of fun. Makes me feel productive again. Plus, I feel like I'm doing good work. The vampire song works nicely with the film. I'm wondering if it was worth it to put it on the JAWS album, or if I should have waited and put it on something later, so's it could have been a little more special for Dan.

I need to start a new play. Finally finished editing Billie. Now's my chance to move on. El Dorado needs a bit more time against the wall. I was thinking about a sequel to El Dorado, set some indeterminite amount of time after the events of the first play, but I feel like I need to bust out and do something different. Something simpler. Maybe a time travel play. Or maybe a romance. It needs to be a play that I'd enjoy writing. As much as I like El Dorado so far, that play almost killed me to write. Billie not so much. I need to write another black comedy like Billie the kid. Only this time, no cowboys. No kitchen sinks either.

Ah well. That's for me to ponder later.

You've just read the first post in my blog. Either this means you have way too much time on your hands or you are in some way interested in what I have to say. Thanks for reading in any case. I promise to keep the blog less mopey in the future.

1 comment:

fundalentilist her said...

This is a good idea. I'm glad that I'm prolly the first one to read your "blogger." I think I will start one too...it just makes sense. Know that I care very much about you. You are much loved. Be happy for fuckssake :o). Call me about Kong. ~DS~

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.