Wednesday

FIFTEEN FUCKING BOOKS


MY WINTER CLASS HAS FIFTEEN FUCKING BOOKS ASSIGNED FOR US TO READ!
Isn't that awesome? This is a totally wonderful way to spend winter break. No, I am not being sarcastic. The whole class is concerned with Wallace Steven's poetry, in which he contemplates the nature of the human mind. Which means I have to contemplate the nature of the human mind. Which means I am getting academic credit for essentially meditating through literature for three weeks. Before the first day of class, this sounded like a prison sentence. Now it sounds like a spiritual retreat.
I wanna write a play about Wallace Stevens some day. He had such a quietly unhappy life. Much of modern theatre has to do with unhappy lives. A play about Wallace Stevens would fit right in. Someday. Not now.
I NEED TO QUIT SMOKING.
TTFN

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.