Friday

Weddn' Bells F'r Carl and Anne

Tomorrow Carl gets Married.
I really must work on some sort of toast.
What do I say?

I suppose what wierdest about this is the indication of all our advancing years. I've known Carl since we were six, and now there are no bones about the fact that we are adults. We're done with school, we've got jobs, and now he's starting his own family. We are definitely adults. Shit.

Anne is wonderful.

The wedding is poised to be one of the best ceremonies I'll ever attend. It's outdoors, behind a lovely farmhouse belonging to their advisors from Wesleyan, and the reception begins immediately after. There is a dog in the wedding party, and every participant unrelated to Carl or Anne is considered a "Maid of Honor" or a "Best Man." I love the shakeup on the traditional American marriage. Carl composed two of the peices to be used in the ceremony. There is no uniform, no tuxedo requirements, and the actually ceremony will be small.

I will be wearing my black pinstripe suit, a solid black t-shirt and no shoes. I will not be shaving my beard. I know this sounds strange and informal. I was encouraged to attend in such attire. I think the off-beat nature of everyone's wardrobe will make the event even more formal/special.

Will bought a white suit and white slipper-shoes for the occasion.
He will not be wearing a tie either.
Pictures soon to follow.

I need to write a toast.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.