Saturday

N'Olens

Yo yo, got back from the big NO
Didn't bring a camera, which shows to go
that, no, I don't got no pictures, so
in order to show y'all I gotsta type.

I promise I'll never do that again. I just got back from New Orleans today. Loveliest city I've seen all week. Going there makes me glad I'm leaving IC. It was nice to be surrounded by things you normally find in your community, like, for instance, HISTORY and A SENSE OF COMMUNITY. Maybe I'm bitter. Just a little?

Evan Prizant, whose name you will all know before he turns thirty, guided Di and I around the various shady streets and local public houses. Bars in NOLA dont close. Ever. Which is sweet. We came down paciffically to see his staging of Sheila C's CRUMBLE: LAY ME DOWN JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. It was worth the thirty+ hours of driving. We also saw a play about the poet Everett Maddox, which was colaboratively written in a timely manner concerning the "fall of New Orleans."

A note. That city is older than the U.S.A. To say it's been mortally wounded is assinine. And defeatest. Scars make a town beautiful. Forests don't grow without forest fires.

Di and I had a great time. We got t-shirts. Made Quesadillas. Ate lotsa ice cream.

speekinawich...

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.